Sunday, March 09, 2003

An Epiphany

I think I have finally figured out why New Yorkers are so impatient and always in a rush. BECAUSE IT TAKES FUCKING FOREVER TO GET TO ANYWHERE!!! People can't really drive much because they can't usually finding parking spaces that are close and cheap. Although the subway system is ubiquitous, it is constantly being repaired, which means a lot of rerouting and detours. It takes me more than an hour to get from my apt in Queens to midtown Manhattan, about 6 miles of driving, because I have to transfer a couple of times and there are so many freaking stops! When I do get to Manhattan, I'm usually a couple of minutes late already. So I run up escalators and jaywalk just to make up for all the time I lost. I really need to move to the 212!!

Also, every time someone is nice to me, I want to pay that person because I do not encounter that kind of treatment on a daily basis, such is life in the Big Apple.