Saturday, May 03, 2003

Go See X-Men 2!!

Just saw that movie tonight. It rocked!! Highly recommended. Here are a few things I was thinking about while watching the movie (relax Tolu, there are no spoilers):

1.) This movie has an incredible group of hot women: Kelly Hu, Famke Janssen, Halle Berry and Rebecca Stamos. I almost wanted to wag my tongue and start drooling every time I watched Kelly Hu appear on screen. That woman is FUCKING HOT!!! Famke is of course her usual lovely self. I have been a big fan of her ever since her role as the man-eater Russian femme fatale in Golden Eye. God I want a girlfriend that can crush men with her thighs. Famke's red hair just made her even hotter since I've always had a thing for redheads. She's so smart too (bet you didn't know she majored in writing and literature at Columbia, did you??). Every woman in the film is attractive in a different way. You have the exotic Asian beauty, the drop-dead gorgeous blonde, the brainy redhead and the sassy black firebrand. Kudos to the casting agent(s).

2.) Mystique is the perfect girlfriend if you are willing to take the risk of her killing you in your sleep. However, her superior intelligence, saucy sassiness, and ability to change into anyone at will makes that risk worth taking. Think about it, she can change into ANY woman! It's like, hey honey, that girl that just walked past us is really hot. Why don't you change into her? I think even her blue scaley true self began to grow on me by the end of the movie.

3.) On a more serious note, Wolverine is of course still affixiated on Jean Grey even while he's fending off a few other hotties. It makes me wonder whether this kind of obession with one person is all that common in real life, or if it's just something concocted in movies and books. I don't think I can ever obsess over someone that much once I know she is not interested. I'll just cut my losses and move on. There are plenty of other fish in the sea, why should I so doggedly pursue the one that doesn't want me? Can people's attractions to each other really be that resilient in the face of rejection?