Friday, May 12, 2006

Versus

Just came back from drinks and dinner with my former coworkers. Man, I miss these fools.

An email chain from earlier in the day from the old crew:

From: Anthony [my old manager]
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 8:35 PM
Subject: Barely Legal No More

Young Will [the fresh college grad who replaced me after I left] is not so young any more. At least as of this coming Friday. To celebrate, we’re going to start at either Campbell or Library Bar depending on the weather on Thursday evening around 5:30 to 6. Then we’re heading downtown to B Bar at 8 and wherever else after that. I will give Will one free ride on the P train on Friday if he happens to be a little late or doesn’t make it at all.

I am making a reservation at B Bar for 8 people at 8pm. Pass this on to anyone I missed and let me know so that I can add more to the reservation if need be.

-----------------------------------
From: Me
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:01 PM
Subject: RE: Barely Legal No More

I'll meet you guys at B Bar, even if I still have my cast on.

G.

-----------------------------------
From: Me
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:39 PM
Subject: RE: Barely Legal No More

Hey, wait a sec. How come there was no "P Train" when * I * was working for your alcoholic ass, Anthony?

-----------------------------------
From:Anthony
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 4:10 PM
Subject: RE: Barely Legal No More

Because if I let you ride the P train every time you had too much to drink (i.e. 2 lite beers and a glass of water) you’d never show up to work

------------------------------------
Man, I got served.


Later in the day, I'm talking to my current team leader:

Me: Just to give you a heads up, I'm planning to take 3 weeks off in August

TL: Really? Don't you only have 3 weeks for the whole year?

Me: 17 days total, and I've used two already, so I'm hoping that since I worked a few weekends already, I can get some comp days to use for my vacation so I still have a few vacation days left afer I come back from my trip.

TL: Yeah, of course no problem. You will get those comp days. You will probably be working more weekends later this year.

Me: Man, you guys are a bunch of slave drivers.

TL: Haha.