Wednesday, February 26, 2003

One good thing about doing laundry

I HAVE CLEAN UNDERWEAR!! WOOHOO! I don't need to go buy new boxers anymore. Last week when I was in Chinatown for a haircut, I picked up some boxers too. When I told the Chinese street vendor lady that I wanted the large Hanes boxers, she looked at me incredulously and asked in Chinese, "Are you sure you want them that big? These are in American size." I politely informed her that I am aware of that and told her that was what I usually wear. Talk about a humbling moment.

Posers?

One thing that always amuses me is seeing teenagers in my blue-collar, working-class neighborhood wearing "US Polo Association" apparel. Am I racist or is it unlikely that there would be many black/Hispanic inner-city polo enthusiasts? Do US Polo Assoc. members actually wear big puffy coats emblazoned with "US Polo Association"?