Tuesday, March 11, 2003

Scary part II

So in the past two days, there has been a fight in a club in Times Square that left 10 shot/stabbed, a botched undercover sting operation in Staten Island that led to the death of two cops, and 4 totally random killings attributed to a calculating, heartless thrill killer.

I made the mistake of telling my parents the first incident, which worried the hell out of them. Needless to say, they won't be hearing about #2 and #3 from me. Maybe Guliani didn't clean up this city as much as I thought he did.

UPDATE: my manager just gave me a memo and a tag. Apparently, my company is concerned about our safety and has established a 24-hour emergency hotline that has a recorded message "regarding office closings, the status of operations or operating systems, and other important information that employees need to know." We are advised to keep the tag, which has the emergency number, on us at all times.

Hmm, let me see. The North Korean "nuclear Elvis" (Kim Jong Il as described on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart) just dropped a bomb on Lady Liberty. I have GOT to call the emergency hotline and see if I need to go to work today!! What's next? A dog tag?