Sunday, March 16, 2003

WTF!?!?!?!!!

Thanks to Netflix again, I was finally able to watch something that I have wanted to see for quite a while now: the show "Twin Peaks," a series by David Lynch. I have wanted to see "Twin Peaks" ever since I saw "Mulholland Dr.," one of my all-time favorite movies now. Tonight, I finally watched the first two episodes of season one of "Twin Peaks." All I can say is what the fuck did I just watch? I feel like a chimp watching "Citizen Kane."

I have no clue what was going on because the pilot episode was not included on the DVD as a result of some weird copyright issue between the studios, or something like that. Basically, I missed the first hour of what is already an inscrutable mystery TV show. All I saw of the pilot episode was a brief "previously on Twin Peaks" segment that had some cut scenes explaining the death of Laura Palmer and some people in prison. That was it.

The more I watched, the more confused I became. Every 5 minutes, a new character is introduced. Some characters are played by actors that actually resemble each other. Every character is really weird and screwed up and mysterious. There was a dancing midget, a lady who talks to a log, a one-armed man, a woman with an eye-patch who is obsessed with making a noiseless curtain tracker, a trucker drug dealer, and a whole bunch of other weirdos. And everyone is having an affair!!

The two episodes that I saw were really bizarre, but kind of intriguing. I'm not sure if I should get the other parts of season one now because I don't know if I will be able to make any sense of it all even if I do watch all the episodes.

UPDATE: I had a really bizarre dream last night which involved a plan from Mom to behead me by pitching a baseball to me. I don't think I want to see more "Twin Peaks" now.