Monday, April 21, 2003

Ads

While watching Helen of Troy, I saw the following commercials:

Spam: yes, there was an actual commercial for SPAM. Initially, I thought it was one of the MSN commercials about their anti-spam technology since this commercial was so damn cheesey. Even when the commercial was over I still couldn't believe I had just seen a spam commercial. Speaking of Spam, I still remember eating it in China, except it's called Luncheon Meat there, something I never understood. Can you only eat it during lunch?

Mono-Stat 7: What the hell is yeast infections exactly? It seems like only attractive women -- you know, the ones in TV ads -- are cursed with such an unpleasant-sounding affliction. It reminds me of the time in ninth grade Biology when I told my teacher that I wanted to do my research project on Toxic Shock Syndrome because it sounded so cool. Of course I had to switch to Ebola once Ms. Laine explained what it actually is.

Kodak PLUS Digital: Ok, judging from the commercial it seems like this is just like any other regular one-time use cameras from Kodak, except that you also get back a picture CD. Big fucking deal. The way I see it, Kodak just wrapped the same old cameras in fancier packaging to let whoever develops the pictures to know that the user wants a picture CD along with the prints. I'm sure they charge much more for this camera than the combined cost of developing regular prints and getting a picture CD. I can't believe Kodak is marketing this camera as some kind of technological breakthrough. No offense Cindy, but what a bunch of crooks!!