Monday, April 21, 2003

Men Are From Mars; Women Are From No-Pocketville

During a meeting with some people at work today, I saw that one of the managers had her badge buried in a pile of stuff on her desk. Then I noticed that my coworker's pants had no pockets, as did the manager. This all bring back memories of girls I knew at Stanford who carried their keys to the dinner hall and then either left those keys at the dining table or on their food trays. Ok, I know it's not always fashionable to have a bulge in my pants (that actually sounds dirtier than I intended) and that girls have handbags where they can dump all their junk, but I can't imagine wearing clothing that have no pockets. I mean, I've locked myself out of my apartment twice already when I HAVE "pocket-enabled" clothing. How do girls live without them? It's a crazy crazy world I tell you.