Saturday, April 19, 2003

Boomshakalaka

Surprisingly, I actually received my Logitech Z680 speaker system from Dell today, even though it's supposed to be shipped out according to Dell. Actually, after I got my speakers, I received an email from Dell saying that my order will be delayed until the 26th. I think they need to fix their ordering/inventory/tracking system.

Anyways, I'm super excited about these speakers because they put out a combined 450 watts!! And that's 450 RMS (continous) watts, not the bs 800 peak watts you see advertised for $30 computer speakers. These babies are THX certified and can produce 5.1 Dolby Dogital/DTS/Prologic II sound!! Too bad the digital optical and digital coax audio cables I bought from ebay haven't arrived yet, so I had to get some 1/8" phono jack cable to hook up my TV (through the headphone jack) to the aux input on the control pod for the speaker system. I have to say that the bass is thunderous, even when I only turn it 1/4 of the way up. In fact, my new neighbors called my landlord to complain. Apparently, the guy/guys go to bed at 11 every night, even on Fridays. Man, I can't wait to move to Manhattan in a couple of months.

I NEED those damn digital cables soon so I can test the system by playing tons of GTA Vice City and Devil May Cry 2.