Thursday, April 03, 2003

Damn Leeches

A while back I got a parking ticket for parking too close to a fire hydrant. Now, I admit I was parked a little too close to the hydrant, but the yellow line next to the hydrant ended prematurely and my car was outside of the yellow line. I would have just paid the ticket if it were, say $25, or even $50. No, the fine was $105!!! I was delusional enough to think that they may be receptive to my explanation and possibly be sympathetic enough to reduce if not waive the fine.

Today, I got the result back. The printed slip of paper says I have been found guilty and must pay the fine. Attached to the paper is a sticker that contains the verdict from some bloke who works at the agency. I have one more chance to appeal this verdict though. I must fill out a form and respond to the verdict to explain why I still have a case. Fair enough, IF ONLY I CAN READ THE FUCKING VERDICT!!!!! That verdict was scanned at a pretty high resolution so it's almost identical to the physical copy. If someone can figue out the guy's explanation let me know.