Thursday, April 03, 2003

Silly Hong Kong People

I never thought anyone would attempt to make face masks fashionable or trendy, but I guess that's the best way to cope with a deadly, highly contagious virus. Some of these people look like they are wearing colorful briefs on their face.

Best quote: ""I think people in Hong Kong are looking better now that they're wearing masks."

Speaking of the virus, now not only am I worried about having to cancel my summer trip to China, I am also a bit concerned about going to Chinatown. I'm sure many people living there travel back and forth between here and China. Who knows if someone has already gotten the disease and is spreading it around? Man, I just hope this disease doesn't get so out of hand that there will be some kind of backlash against Asians. Hopefully, we won't be treated like lepers, although I myself may be guilty of scapegoating other people already.