Thursday, August 19, 2004

Blaze it up!

Earlier tonight...

[My intercom buzzes]

Me: Hello?
Doorman: George is here.
Me: What? Who?
Doorman: George. He's here.
Me [confused]: Okayyy.

[5 minutes later there's a knock on the door]

Me: Yes?
[African-American man wearing baseball cap, in T-shirt and jeans]: I'm here about the "cartoon."
Me[baffled]: Huh? What? Could you say that again?
Dude: I'm here with the 'cartoon'
Me: What cartoon?
Dude: Is this [our apartment address]?
Me: Yes. What did you say about "cartoon"?
[Dude takes 3 ziplock bags of pot out of pocket]: This. Weed.
Me [surprised and laughing]: Haha, ok, I don't know anything about that.

The dude then left. He totally made my day. I think he was probably looking for my roommate. And all that time I was wondering which of my neighbors were smoking pot. The bastard!