Thursday, March 13, 2003

Weird-looking People on the Train

I have written about crazy people on the train before. Recently, I have begun to see more weird-looking people, too. This morning on the way to work, I stood next to a woman who looked like she just popped out of a time warp from the 80's. Imagine taking a shrub, putting massive amounts of hair gel with extra hold, and then planting it on top of an unattractive Asian woman's head. That's what she looked like. I think I'm becoming better at supressing laughter. Standing next to her was someone that looked like he could be Teyo Johnson's kid brother. I guess he didn't really look weird.

The other day I'm pretty sure I saw Moby lounging on a seat aboard the L train. Ok, maybe he didn't look like Moby all that much, but he was white, in his early 30's, bald and he wore a gray suit, as close to Moby as I have seen so far. Before that I sat next to the two surviving members of TLC. At least they looked like TBoz and Chilli, had bleached blonde hair and multiple piercings, and wore black leather jackets.