Monday, March 31, 2003

Woohoo

Thanks to some insider info from Tolu, I found out that Special K will be back this fall, reigining supreme in the best all frosh dorm on campus again, keeping it real and ghetto fabulous. Sigh, too bad I graduated already or I would consider appying to be an RCC again. Here are some excerpts from the bio of Kennell Jackson, eternal resident fellow/guardian angel/fairy godmother of Branner Hall:

"2003-2004 will be an important year for Branner. Renovation will be over. The enhanced Branner will begin. I have been living outside of Branner this whole year; winter and spring quarters, I am on sabbatical. I cannot say that I have thought that much about Branner, except to go over the building plans. This period of separation gives me a cleaner sense of it for the future. The students who enter Branner in September will be entering the future of Branner. They will be like those people in the Saturn commercial who are riding through their personal pasts to the future. (I love that commercial; in fact, I took a wager from someone that I could get that in here somehow. $5 is mine.) Seriously, though, Branner will be virtually new. Everyone there will be shaping it for its new future."

And I thought I was the only person that love the Saturn commercials.

"The RCCs have been important additions to the staff, not because of what they are skilled to do, but because they are important eyes and ears in the house and because they bring their own special interests to frosh. When you have a RCC who is involved in Habitat for Humanity, you can get a few students into this important work."

A little ego inflation for myself :-)

The man is too cool!! Branner is in good hands. Cindy and Joe, I hope you guys will be on staff next year! Unless you hated living in Branner, of course.