Saturday, November 15, 2003

Uneventful Day

I got up at around 2:30 pm feeling very groggy because I really didn't get a good night's sleep. I made the mistake of drinking 3 mugs of water before going to bed. A painful toothache also kept me up for a good portion of the night.

I had stacked pancakes with banana and strawberries for brunch. I enjoyed the pancakes quite a bid, but was really weirded out by the serving of orange on my plate. It was served with the top half of the skin peeled, so that the flesh is poking out. As soon as I saw that, I started thinking about that scene in Hannibal in which Anthony Hopkins removed the top part of Ray Liotta's skull and then fed him his own brain.

On the way back to my apartment, I saw an old woman trying to get her pug to move. She tugged on the leash, but the little monstrosity stood its hideous ground and refused to move. God, that dog was ugly, with its scrunched up face and its disproportionately large eyes. "He's not moving because he always gets a grape from the fruit vendor here," She explained. Unfortunately for her, the street vendor doesn't work on weekends. I just don't get the point of having an ugly pet. It's not as if a pet's personality can make up for its ugliness: "I love my dog because he has such a great sense of humor." If I were to get a dog for a pet, I think I would get a golden retriever. They look beautiful, not to mention loyal and friendly.