Wednesday, January 12, 2005

A Merciful God?

A couple of days ago I stumbled across a missionary's blog by accident and read this entry out of curiosity. There were so many things wrong with it, I didn't know where to begin, so I did what any normal person would do, leaving the following comment behind: "Hi, I stumbled onto your blog by accident. It's good to hear that God still has time to respond to prayers for new cell phones after all that heathen-smiting in South Asia."

My bud Alex did me one better by commenting, "One of my friends just died recently. Thanks for putting things into perspective." I thought his comment was super hilarious until he told me he DID have a friend die. Oh well.

Of course, I was itching to see what kind of responses we would get, expecting something along the line of "God only helps those who believe" or "God works in mysterious ways."

The only response I saw was, "Hi Gary, or is it 'Alex'... Why didn't you leave your real email or URL?" Then our comments were unceremoniously purged. Sigh, that's the problem with some of these people. They never want to hear anything different from what they believe in.