Monday, May 26, 2003

The Good Stuff And The Not So Good

Today I finally finished the pound of Belgian chocolates I bought last week. People at work were eating some Godiva, so I felt a sudden craving for some good chocolates. When I finally found the damn store that carried those chocolates, I tried to enter through one of the doors in the back, not knowing that the back part of the shop had already closed. I actually knocked on the door to get some people to open the door. After I got in, they asked, "What are you looking for?" When I replied, "I want to buy some chocolates," I saw them actually smirking. Luckily, they were nice about it and just told me to go through the front door the next time. I guess I'm just unstoppable when I need to have my chocolates.

This brings me back to the not so good stuff. A couple of days ago when I told a friend about how my craving drove me to buy the chocolates, she smiled and said, "It was that time of the month for you huh?" She is the second girl that has joked about the chocolate-PMS connection to me!! Am I the only guy that's out of the loop on this? Do girls need chocolates to get them through "that time of the month"? How does it help?