Tuesday, November 04, 2003

It's Good To Be Back

It's such a great feeling to be back at work finally, as opposed to lying in bed for the past 3 days, suffering from chills and sweating brought on by a fever, as well as various other unpleasant stomach ailments the details of which I will spare everyone. Did I mention that during all that time, we had record-breaking high temperatures in the City (it was 79 degrees on Monday!!) and beautiful weather with nary a drop of rain?

This living-on-my-own-at-my-own-place-and-being-independent thing is great until I'm deathly ill and just wish my mommy was there to make me chicken soup and feed me when I'm too sick to crawl out of bed. I suspect my illness was a case of food poisoning. Anyways, I'm just glad I'm back at work and being productive again because my biggest accomplishment in the previous 3 days was the capture of a big cockroach (now I know how BK feels :).