Saturday, February 07, 2004

I'm a Believer

I caught the end of the game today in the conference room while taking a "bathroom break" from work. It was such an amazing finish!! I jumped up and down like a fool when Childress hit the 3 and almost rolled on the floor when Robinson hit the game-winning 35-footer. His downtown bomb totally surprised me because Robinson isn't even a good perimeter shooter and yet that ball hit nothing but net. You gotta give it to "Pops" for saving the day. I don't know if we could have won in overtime with the momentum and confidence that Arizona was gaining near the end of the game. Hell, we might have even lost in the final seconds if Lottich and Robinson hadn't stolen the ball. Way to go, Stanford! This game was incredible!!

I'm hoping for that elusive national championship for Monty. His team certainly deserves it. Its mettle has been tested and it has come through time and again.

Quote of the day:

"I was flat on my back, Lottich was on top of me," said Robinson, who had only five points before his winning shot. "And a couple of other people were on top of me in places that were rather uncomfortable."