Sunday, March 02, 2003

Acting Aspirations

I just finished watching Ben Hur on the Turner Classic Movies channel, which is showing Oscar-winning/nominated movies 24/7 for the month of March. Quality movie on a quality network. Man, they don't make epics like Ben Hur anymore. Now, it's all computer generated scenery and people and ghouls. And no Jesus cameos.

Anyways, I wish I can be an extra in some of these movies. It would be so much fun!! No need to memorize any lines or look good. I can just be a leper that is covered head to toe with rags, or some sweaty slave rowing the galley and gets whipped because he asks for a bathroom break. Actually, how did they handle that in ancient times? What if they have to go in the middle of a battle? Hmmm, I wonder if historians have done much research on this aspect of warfare. Also, I can be one of those stereotypical paranoid people running around in a mob and stone lepers or burn witches. Or better yet a looter who runs around breaking windows and cars. Or run around screaming with my hair on fire before I get stepped on by Godzilla. The possibilities are endless.